Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Song Without a Sound

(Written in the Spring of 2006)

Last night I woke up from a dream
And watched the Moonlight softly stream
In, streaks of silver silence all around.
And with her silent melody
The silver Moon, She beckoned me
To listen to the Song Without a Sound.

And lying there I knew the day
Had come when it was time to say
Farewell and to prepare myself for death.
A Moonbeam fell across my face
A gentle kiss of Moonlight grace
I closed my eyes and took a final breath.

And as the Moon began to sing
I felt the world and everything
Inside, begin to fade and disappear.
Till naught remained but Her and I
Suspended in a starlit sky
As She whispered silver secrets in my ear.

Enchanted, in Her spell I lay
And felt my soul being whisked away
To places that my eyes would never see.
We danced together through the night
On winged feet that took to flight
For distant dreams beyond Infinity.

~ shi-bu

No comments: